< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bokertov.typepad.com/ btb/" >

Monday, May 05, 2003

Have you heard the latest fund-raising appeals on Colorado Public Radio? Apparently they're having trouble raising money because of the "downturn" in the economy. I don't want them to think it's because of money that I'm not calling in to pledge. I want them to KNOW that I'm purposefully refusing to support them because of the extreme bias against Israel evidenced by NPR News. The number to call is 1-800-421-1717.

For background information, check out CAMERA, the Centre for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America. Click on NPR.


When I complained quite bitterly about National Palestinian Radio to CEO Kevin Klose in November 2002, he told me in an email: "I stand on our journalism for its quality, balance, compassion and fairness to both sides in this terrible confrontation." You may note that veracity was not on his list. He went on to say, " . . . The only clear measure of what we report is what you as a listener discern and decide about what you hear." He was right about that. I've discerned and decided about what I've heard, and I don't think a single Jewish or Zionist dime should enrich the coffers of NPR. That number again is 1-800-421-1717.


ALSO PLEASE NOTE There is a coast-to-coast protest of NPR's biased coverage of Israel taking place at a radio station near you on Wednesday, May 14th. In the Boulder area, that would be at 5:15 pm at KCFR at 2249 S. Josephine Street in Denver. Contact Denver@JAT-Action.org for further information.