< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bokertov.typepad.com/ btb/" >

Friday, July 18, 2003

Tel Aviv Museum of Arts

From a Ben Gurion University professor, via the Freemanlist:
Let me tell you about a little experience I had today. Before entering the Opera House to watch the opera Nabuko, we decided to visit the Tel-Aviv Museum of Arts. Going down to the first floor we found ourselves in an exhibition by David Wakstein called "Explosion".

While I don't regard myself qualified to judge the artistic quality of the paintings, I would like to give you a few examples of the works of art:

A map of the world and on it hands engraved with a Star of David and blood dripping from them.

A Star of David combined with a Swastika.

Two red canvasses, on one of them two small circles with the Star of David, on the other a small circle with a Swastika. I happen to remember that this masterpiece is called "settlers".


Again and again, "If I am not for myself, who will be for me?" (Pirkei Avot).