THE ARAFAT FILE: Documenting Terror
"Arafat and his close aides are directly responsible for the cold-blooded murder of Israeli citizens"Just in case anyone, anywhere, might still be interested in documented fact, I refer you to this Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs report on the involvement of Arafat and PA Senior Officials in Terrorism against Israel, prepared by a team headed by Dani Naveh, Minister of Palimentary Affairs.
I'm not certain of the date, but it hardly matters . . .
This report brings some very grave facts to your attention. Israel's military operation "Defensive Shield" [March 29, 2002 - April 21, 2002] has obtained clear-cut hard evidence that the Palestinian Authority under Yasser Arafat is a supporting encouraging and actively operating body of terror. Arafat and his close aides are directly responsible for the cold-blooded murder of Israeli citizens.See also "Statistics on Operation Defensive Shield" at the Jewish Virtual Library, which includes this list of seized weapons:
The main findings of this report are:
1. Yasser Arafat was personally involved in the planning and execution of terror attacks. He encouraged them ideologically, authorized them financially and personally headed the Fatah Al Aqsa Brigades organization.
2. The closest aides to Arafat responsible for terrorist activity are head of General Intelligence Tawfik Tirawi and financier Fouad Shubaki, who operated the ongoing logistics of financial aide and support of terrorism actions.
3. The Al Aqsa Brigades organization, headed by Arafat, was put under the direct authority of Marawan Barghouti, who had no compunction in using women and even children to execute terrorist activity, which killed hundreds of Israelis.
4. Arafat and his men used the funds donated to them by other countries, including the European Union, to finance terrorist activity.
5. The Palestinian Authority allocated vast sums of money from its budget to pay salaries to Fatah terrorists (45 million dollars a month from Arab countries, 9 million dollars a month from the European Unity).
6. The Palestinian Authority established close links with the "forces of evil" - Iran and Iraq. These countries supplied funds and terrorist warfare equipment to the Authority.
7. Syria supplied the Hamas and Islamic Jihad with the funds, enabling them to found and operate the terrorist infrastructure in Jenin.
8. Saudi Arabia financially supported the families of terrorists, including families of suicide bombers who carried out mass murder attacks in Israel.
9. The Palestinian Authority armed itself with weapons in complete violation of all agreements signed with Israel. At the head of the arms smuggling stands Fouad Shubaki.
10. Arafat's headquarters took great pains in encouraging the Israeli Arab population to join the war of violence and terror against Israel.
11. The most prominent criminal activity carried out by the Palestinian Authority has been the stealing of Israeli vehicles and forging of documents, in collaboration with Israeli Arab citizens.
12. Arafat's compound in Ramallah became the central command post for the terrorist activity and suicide bombing. The "security forces" headed by Tawfik Tirawi and directly responsible to Arafat himself, initiated, planned and saw to the finest details of every action taken against Israel and Israelis.
13. Corruption in the Palestinian authority. Economic management by means of monopolizing and unjust division of foreign funds among the various stratas of the Palestinians society. Embezzlements of payments and unjust collection of public resources transferred to private accounts of high ranking authority officials.
14. In this activity there has been complete cooperation between all the terror organizations - the Fatah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad.
15. Jenin became the "haven of suicide bombers" in the West Bank, with other towns following its lead.
16. During Israel's campaign to eradicate terrorism, the terrorists used the civilian population as a human shield. They operated within private homes, holding their own people hostage. They blew up houses and property, laid mines and booby-traps, in the hope of afterwards accusing Israel of the devastation and destruction.
17. The Fatah and Arafat's intelligence network intimidated and maltreated the Christian population in Bethlehem. They extorted money from them, confiscated land and property and left them to the mercy of street gangs and other criminal activity, with no protection.
ALL ALLEGATIONS MADE IN THIS REPORT ARE THROUGH ISRAELI INTELLIGENCE AS A RESULT OF THE ISRAELI CAMPAIGN TO ERADICATE THE SOURCES OF TERROR IN THE AREA UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY.
Type & QuantityIf you can bear to know more, see also the IDF Military Intelligence report on International Financial Aid to the Palestinian Authority Redirected to Terrorist Elements:
Kalashinkov Rifles: 1949
M-16 Rifles: 32
Long Rifles: 2175
Sniper Rifles: 388
RPG Launchers: 9
Machine Guns/MAGs (50 Caliber): 93
Mortar Bombs: 13
Nightvision Equipment: 121
Hand Grenades: 37
Ammunition Crates: 40
Rifles Equipped with Telescopic Lens: 81
Explosive Charges: 430
Explosives (In Kilograms): 30
Explosive Belts: 6
Additional material seized:
Binoculars, projectile ammunition, chemical and intelligence materials, listening devices, computer equipment and documents, cellular phones with delayed device, knife, tear gas, computers, documents and a weapon-making lathe.
During the period April 2001 - June 2002, the Arab states transferred directly to the PA $45 million per month; the European Union, $9 million per month.
Two thirds of the PA's $90 million monthly budget goes to salaries. The budget of the "Employees Directorate," responsible for paying salaries, has grown by 250% since 1999.