< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bokertov.typepad.com/ btb/" >

Friday, November 14, 2003

Open Letter to Yossi Beilin

via Naomi Ragen
The following is a letter to Beilin from an Israeli. If you'd like to write
your own letter to Mr. Beilin, or his Geneva initiative cronies, here are some
addresses: Mr. Beilin's : beilin@ecf.org.il or try heskem@peleds.net (Roy
Peled) or heskem@heskem.org.il

I thank list-member Mr. Saliman for allowing me to forward this to the entire
list.
Mr. Beilin,

I want to congratulate you on your Geneva accord, you have gone and done it. Yes you have promoted yourself to head of state and have many backers, from the world except for Israel.

You did forget something though,what about us the Israeli citizens who did not give you enough votes to become head of state.

As for myself personally, you in your agreement have given up part of my and my neighbors land to the Palestinians, I live on one of the kibbutzim on the border of Gaza, and you never even asked us, if we agree, how unthoughtful of you or did you just forget?

You have invited world leaders to your signing and Hollywood stars, like Barbra Streisand and I ask, what has she to do with this agreement, as far as I know she is not an Israeli or Palestinian citizen, I do want to know why I was not invited, I am a citizen of Israel and I in your agreement am giving up something.

I am very hurt that I and my fellow Israeli citizens are left out of this signing, or did you leave us out because we did not vote for you.

Don Saliman
Kibbutz Nahal Oz
Israel ( 9 Nov 2003)