< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bokertov.typepad.com/ btb/" >

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Roger L. Simon: Bring it on!

The problem with Kerry is he’s just your average sleazeball politician. I can’t even get angry with him for railing about the “Special Interests.” No, I’m angry at the American people and my fellow Democrats for buying this crap. I’m angry at us. Can you imagine believing someone parading around in those suits, having married an heiress worth well over a hundred million, living in a Georgetown mansion with umpteen bedrooms is an enemy of the “Special Interests”? He is the “Special Interests.” You’d have to be an imbecile not to see that.

They say the people of a country get the government they deserve. Is this what we deserve? Maybe. I hope not. Now I’m afraid to hear the truth about Edwards. Okay, bring it on! [Did you realize what you just said?—ed.]

UPDATE: The AFL-CIO is about to endorse Kerry. How pathetic is that! Why don't they just get it over with and endorse Rockefeller--or Henry Ford?
See also Simon's post, Hearts in San Francisco -- it's very moving. I understand and feel for those who yearn for gay marriage, but I also share the concern of some comments on the thread that subverting the political process, as the SF mayor has done, may be dangerous to our whole political system.