< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bokertov.typepad.com/ btb/" >

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Letter from Jerusalem

There is a Hebrew expression...
It goes like this...
"li kro et ha yeled b'shmo"...
call the child by it's name...

WE ARE AT WAR...

and the sooner we all realize that, the better chance some of us will have of surviving...
I waited until tonight to write as i was just too appalled and too sad...
But that was until a couple of hours ago...
now I am simply numb...
Let me tell you quickly what almost four years of this is like...
You wake up scared...you never are completely focused because
Your personal radar is on full blast all day long until finally at night...
late at night...
when you know, thank G-d, everyone you love is in their beds...you can finally let go and fall asleep...
That is when I find that I am hungry...at 2 in the morning...when it is quiet...
My memory will not let me remember the horrors...
I am ashamed to tell you that I do not remember...
I should...
but I don't...
But some things stand out in my mind - and will forever and ever...
The sound of the cell phones ringing in the morgue...
but their owners will never again hear them...
The cohen family with their three children without feet...
The sbaro attack...
The bus bomb that blew the front out of the building where my school is last june...
The kutiel family massacre...
And now, how can we live knowing the barbarians are running around with our children's body parts?????
One of the mother's was on tv tonight...and she appealled to Zahal, the Israeli army...
NOT TO ENDANGER ONE SOLDIER by looking for the pieces of her son...
Eshet chayil...a woman of valour...
And tonight they did it again...
And the peaceniks are all ready....GET OUT OF GAZA...WE TOLD YOU ...OUR SOLDIERS ARE BEING KILLED PROTECTING A HANDFUL OF SETTLERS...
What is the matter with them? do they care more than I do?
Am I some crazy right wing insane person who has no feelings for our boys?
Do they have the corner on right and wrong?
I feel that they are looking only at today...
but if Israel is to survive we must look at today and also at tomorrow...
If and when borders are established we move...and they move...
The head rabbis have announced that they have found pieces of all the six soldiers...
and tomorrow they can be burried...
But now we have five more...
And the same barbarians are beheading an american...
That he happens to be a Jew is just the cherry on the ice cream..
An American and a Jew...How perfect...
Daniel Pearl ,may he rest in peace, all over again...
And the world is quiet...
And the UN is quiet...
And the EU is quiet...
and the Jews in the world are quiet...
And the Americans are quiet...
But THEY are growing...
and THEY are growing smarter...
and THEY are growing stronger...
You see THEY have something we will never have...
THEY have no respect for the dead...
So THEY will never know how to respect the living...
our achille's heel...
I do not know what tomorrow will bring...
or the day after or the day after that...
All I can pray is that we all stand up and say NO pretty soon...
or it will be too late...
One little voice....one little candle...added to another and to another makes a mighty force...
Here is my voice...
and last time I wrote I lit my one little candle...
Stay safe...
Loveyou, marallyn