< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bokertov.typepad.com/ btb/" >

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

And I thought it was going to be a slow news day

War with North Korea is Possible [sooner rather than later]

I went buggy-eyed when I read this, but I trust Aaron at Internet Haganah; he wouldn't waste our time with this if it weren't reliable.
...Based on this and other sensitive information, my conclusion is that war with North Korea could occur by the end of the summer or in that time period. Many of the U.S. forces needed for this are already in place, and more are being dispatched in surge.

I also conclude that such a war would quickly escalate to a nuclear conflict and also would see the use of chemical and bacteriological agents after we first use conventional weapons to attack North Korea's nuclear sites.

Seoul could be lost, as could Tokyo. But as many as 100 U.S. nuclear weapons might be used to keep this from happening.
Read it all.

UPDATE 06/15/04: If anyone comes across corroborating stories, please let me know. There seems to be some question with this. Okay, a lot of questions.