< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bokertov.typepad.com/ btb/" >

Monday, August 02, 2004

Someone explain this to me

Andrew Sullivan is voting for Kerry

From Sullivan's Daily Dish - on Kerry's speech at the convention:
. . . There were passages toward the end when he picked up and seemed to do better. But it was a B - performance, not as disastrous as Al Gore's rant in 2000, but nowhere near the level of the best. I mean, even Dole was better eight years ago. Some of it was so pompous and self-congratulatory I almost gagged. Can you believe he said this:
"I was born in Colorado, in Fitzsimmons Army Hospital, when my dad was a pilot in World War II. Now, I'm not one to read into things, but guess which wing of the hospital the maternity ward was in? I'm not making this up. I was born in the
West Wing!"
One thought sprang into my mind immediately: what an arrogant jerk.


One thought sprang into my mind immediately: Andrew! You're voting for him?!