< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bokertov.typepad.com/ btb/" >

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Aviel Atash was three years old



Israeli mourners carry the body of three-year-old Aviel Atash as they arrive for his funeral in the southern Israeli city of Beersheba, Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2004. Atash, whose mother was badly wounded, was one of 16 Israelis killed in a double suicide bombing carried out by Palestinian militants [terrorists] in Beersheba Tuesday. (AP Photo/Ariel Schalit)

Again we bury the innocent:




and

Emanuel Yossef, 28

Maria Sokolov, 58

Rozita Lehman, 45

Tatiana Kortashesko, 49

Vitaly Brodsky

Larissa Gomnenko

Eliyahu Ouzon

Roman Sokolovsky



Tzvi Freeman:

We are not a religion. We are a soul. A single soul radiating into many bodies, each ray shining forth on its unique mission, each body receiving the light according to its capacity, each embodiment playing its crucial role. Together, we compose a symphony with no redundant parts, no instrument more vital than another. And our path back towards that original source of light is through every other ray that extends from it.
Yaakov Cohen, driver of bus number 12:
"I saw the first explosion and thought, my God, I've got to get out of here. I drove (my bus) about 10 metres and then opened the doors," he said from his hospital bed in the southern city of Beersheba, where he was being treated for leg wounds.

"I believe that between 10 to 15 people got off my bus. Suddenly I heard a huge explosion. I can't explain it but it was almost as if I knew it was going to happen. It was terrible, terrible... I don't want to describe what I saw."

None of the passengers who boarded his bus earlier had looked suspicious. "Believe me, I look and check," Cohen said. "It is very hard to identify a bomber... I don't know how anyone can."
Nissim Vaknin, 65:
"I got on the bus near the post office and found one seat remaining. At the next stop, a woman asked if she could sit down. I gave my seat to her. I moved back toward the center of the bus. Around 300 meters later, the bus exploded.... When I saw his body in pieces, I realized I had sat next to the bomber.... Now I'm in terrible anguish. My life was spared because I gave up my seat for a woman who died."


HAMAS leaflet:

"You [Israelis] were mistaken if you thought that killing our leaders would lessen our determination," the leaflet said.

". . . . This is a gift to the newcomers who recently arrived to our land," it added, in a reference to recent wave of Jewish immigration to Israel.

"We say to you: This is your fate, so we advise you to reconsider."



A Palestinian boy holds a toy gun and Muslim
book Koran as Hamas supporters celebrate
the twin suicide bombing
that killed 16 Israelis in
Beersheba,in Gaza city August 31, 2004. REUTERS /
Suhaib Salem


Palestinian Hamas supporters chant slogans during a demonstration
in support of a double-bombing in Israel, in Gaza City, Tuesday,
Aug. 31, 2004.(AP Photo/Hatem Moussa)



A Palestinian climbs the Israeli separation barrier
AFP/File/Pedro Ugarte)



Relatives of Tatjana Koliciansko, who was killed after bomb
blasts ripped through two buses in the southern Israeli city
of Beersheba, mourn during her funeral September 1, 2004.

May the Gd of Israel comfort and strengthen

these many families and their friends

among all the mourners for Zion and Jerusalem.